Saturday, September 21, 2013

Headed into the season of Thankfulness

The last 3 months have been full of changes and transitions and newness. And while this can all be overwhelming, sometimes frightening I am so thankful that God calls us out on these faith steps. Just to name a few things that have happened....Lily started Kindergarten, Scott changed jobs, Annie started a Pre-K 3 program, we put on a crazy production of The Last Five Years to continue raising funds for our adoption, and so much more. And through it all God has protected, provided and loved us through each process and step.

We continue to wait to bring our sweet boy home but while we wait I am reminded we have much to be thankful for. You are one of those things we are thankful for. Thankful for our family, who supports and loves us through the ups and downs of life. Thankful for our friends who continue to walk through this thing called life with us. Thankful for our church that continues to challenge us to be more like Jesus. Thankful for the many people who pour their lives into my girls and show them Jesus with each hug, bit of encouragement and as they teach them. Thankful for our health and the health of our family. So often I am reminded that we are not guaranteed the next breath and each morning as God allows us to rise I am thankful. I suppose I could go on for another 4 paragraphs listing the things I am thankful for but ultimately I am thankful that we serve a God who sees worth in us through His son Jesus.

So today I am reminding myself to be thankful. Thankful in the midst of our wait and yearning for our son. I know he is worth this wait and would be worth 10X the wait.

#bringsamuelhome

2 comments:

  1. Great post Nikki :-) I was just hoping you would be willing to answer my question about your blog! I'm Heather and if you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlene and Tim WadleyDecember 29, 2013 at 1:14 PM

    Scott and Nikki - we are so glad to see that you are in Odessa. Carlene was Scott's voice teacher and would love to say hello soon. Please, call when possible at 817-919-0234. We are still in Arlington.

    ReplyDelete