Monday, September 16, 2013

Life as We Know It!

Well, Fall is officially here. As for us in West Texas, you wouldn't actually know it. We are still pushing through 90+ degree weather and wearing our flip flops and shorts. We have very few trees and the ones we do have, well our leaves won't change, you'll just wake up one morning and they all look dead and tragic.

That being said, it's football season and school is back in session. Lily started Kindergarten this fall and she is loving it and doing so well. We were blessed that Lily was accepted into our academic magnet elementary school, Reagan! Go AllStars! (I say that because Scott and I figured out with 3 or 4 kids going there we could be at this school for 12+ years...might as well be all in right?) Anyway her teacher has been amazing thus far and we couldn't be happier. Anna started a 4 day pre-k 3 class where they are essentially learning basic things while learning the structure of a classroom. For Anna this is great!! She has been doing so well and making all those who have day to day contact with her laugh. She really is such a fun kid!

In other news as of June 1st of this year Scott transitioned out of his role as the high school Youth Pastor at Crossroads Fellowship. (We still attend this church and love our church family and staff but felt as though God had other plans for us at this time in our life.) Scott currently is working with our family at Howell & Windham Advertising and shows me up on a weekly basis as he has a natural gift and ease with clients. I'm so thankful to call him my husband, friend, support, encourager and helpmate. He is always willing to go above and beyond to support our family and make sure we know we are loved and taken care of.

After the excitement and busyness of the summer has died down we have all settled into our weekly roles and routine and find this a nice change to the chaos of summer. For those who have been asking we are still currently number 30. I checked yesterday, because I am frustrated, and we have been at number 30 for 11 weeks. Based on current trends within our agency we are thinking we will get our referral sometime next summer. That could mean May and it could be end of August. There are no guarantees or timelines that we can be assured of, only that this is what we think might happen. As we come up on the 3 year mark of when we started this process, and 2 year mark of our dossier being sent off, I can grow tired and weary and as I said before frustrated, but I daily try and remember that God has called us to this. We trust Him, we know His plans are greater and bigger than we could dream or imagine and we know He is growing us. Growing our faith and dependance on Him during this waiting period. Is it easy? No. Is it worth it? Yes! And that is what I remind myself daily. I know another year is nothing in the grand scheme of things when I will get to bring my little boy home. So I promise if our number happens to change any time soon I will let you know!! Trust me, I might put an ad in the paper at this point I will be so excited.

Once again, thanks for your love, support, encouragement and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment