Friday, October 29, 2010

Over Analyzing!

As we continue the process of adoption of course I turn to the web searching I so love. Anything and everything I can consume with my eyes to better educate myself and hopefully find someone with more insight than I currently have. That being said, much like when I'm pregnant and go on WebMD every day and self diagnose I find myself over analyzing everything about adoption. To the point of distraction and more interference than help. During this process I think you find there are more things or factors to consider than most people think. For instance, if we adopt a child who is culturally and racially different than ourselves what does that mean and what does it look like. in our family, our community, our church? What type of transition can I expect not only for Scott, myself and our new baby boy but what about my girls? How can we afford this? Adoption although not super expensive is no where near cheap! But as Scott and I continue to discuss and analyze and ultimately pray we have come to some incredible conclusions! 1st - we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has called us to do this! 2nd - Since we know and believe it is His will we know he will provide for everything and also direct our steps. 3rd - While we realize that there may be moments that are difficult and may be uncertain territory for us we know that as believers God calls us to do things that place us out of our comfort zone and are not always easy, but in the end we want to be found obedient to what He has called us to! We continue to be super excited about this adventure and are overjoyed and surprised to find so many other families who have or are in the process of adopting from all over the world. I believe that our generation has seen a need and God has called us to stop being complacent to the ever increasing need of the fatherless in our world. We feel blessed, humbled and privileged to show a beautiful picture of the gospel.

So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.” Romans 8:15

Thanks for reading and for supporting us during this time. We will keep you updated as things continue to progress!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck Nikki! I have a friend 7 months into the adoption process and another who has successfully adopted 3 children domestically- it's definitely a challenge-

    ReplyDelete