Sunday, October 17, 2010

We're Pregnant! (KIND OF)

OK! Not really but it sure feels like it! Allow me to explain. In january of this next year Scott and I will have been married 7 years and together for 9. That being said as long as we have known each other we have known that adoption was somewhere on our timeline. Both of us have felt lead to open our home, our hearts, our lives and anything else we might give to a child/children who are without any of these things. And after God has blessed our lives with our two girls we feel as though His leading is now towards adoption.

I titled this blog we're pregnant because the excitement and anticipation of what God has in store for us and our children (known and unknown to us) feels very much like when you are expecting. Of course with the excitement and anticipation come the stress and worry over all the things we know we cannot control and the realization that our abilities as parents are limited because we are flawed and full of sin. That being said I wait with excitement to see all God is going to teach me and Scott and our girls through this process. Trusting that in the beginning of my babies lives when I was unable to be with them He was! Knowing that because God has placed this desire in our lives that when we are placed with a child/children that even distance and culture cannot fathom the love I already carry for them.

Although we are truly at the beginning of this process and are unsure of what timeline we are looking at we are confident that we are on the right path. I have not been this excited to live out scripture in a long time. James 1:27 "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." Please join Scott and I in prayer as we continue this journey! We are in the application phase right now but will keep you updated as we know more. Thanks and we love you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOO excited for you guys! And thanks for giving me a heart attack! Haha! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete