Saturday, March 5, 2011

Please PRAY!

 I just read this! Simply put this article states that because the adoption arena in Ethiopia is so corrupt they are cutting adoptions by 90% possibly. The Ministry of Women and Children (who process adoptions for the Ethiopian government) are currently processing 5 adoptions a day out of Ethiopia and only days ago that number was 50! Of course most people will tell you that this is just a precursor to actually closing the country down from any adoptions at all. We had heard rumors of this since we began the process but hoped and prayed we would slide in before this happened. Of course this is much faster than we anticipated and to be honest I'm not sure where this leaves our family. And if I'm going to be truly honest this leaves me heartbroken! I know God's timing is perfect and He is not at all surprised by this but I'm finding it hard to think of the many options that we could now possibly face. Do we wait months and possibly years for Ethiopia to reopen? Do we continue as if nothing has changed? Do we stop the process and start from scratch looking at a new country? This last question upsets me the most because my heart is so tied with this country. I have prayed for my baby and prayed with intention that he was in Ethiopia. What does that mean for him? Is he left without a home, a family? Am i to abandon the love God has given me? I don't know...I'm a little off balance and ask if you would please pray! Pray that this situation would be handled and quickly so any unknowns would be made known. Pray that the families affected by this news and the possible closing of this country would find peace, wisdom and answers in an already crazy process.  Pray that the Holy Spirit would comfort those who find themselves lost in the mass chaos.

I plan on contacting our Family Coordinator with our agency to find out what they advise our family and how they feel we should progress from here. I will keep you updated and let you know what we hear. Thanks so much for being there and supporting us in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment