Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dreaming because He's big enough!!!

Well today was a wonderful moment in the future of our family. We mailed off our home study packet with our next payment...and it felt GREAT! I took a picture of the packet on my dashboard this morning because I like the reminder of what we have done. And it felt so good to know that we are one step closer to bringing our baby home with us.


Now that we have completed our portion we wait until our social worker calls and in the meantime we continue to collect documents for our dossier. I contacted both our social worker, Adela and our family coordinator, Emily and can I just say...they are great! This process is stressful and full of questions and both of these women have been nothing but helpful. And while I'm on the subject of being helpful I cannot tell you how many people have chipped in to help us. Notarize documents, pick things up and just offer love and support! Here is a shot of the four of us with our docs before we sent them off. 


Lily was acting shy but I was so excited to take this picture. One day when my little boy is old enough we can look at all these pictures and show him how excited we were to get him. How blessed and overwhelmed we felt that God would choose us to be his parents!!

And as this portion of the process is coming to a close, Scott and I have been doing some dreaming. Some big, out of the box dreaming! And because we know and believe that our God is big enough to move mountains and raise someone from the dead we are believing and dreaming for some big things. This adoption has opened our eyes and continues to deepen our faith. At the beginning we certainly did not have anywhere close to $30,000+ (still don't), but we walked ahead in obedience because we trusted that God had called us to this. Can I tell you that HE has provided every penny we have given so far!! Each time a payment is due we look around wondering where it will come from and without fail God shows up!

But we also have looked around and have been talking with others about this process and can I share something Scott and I have come to realize? We believe that $$ is what is holding back so many other families to adopt. I know that when we sat down and looked, I mean actually looked at the cost of an adoption, fear crept in very quickly! And this is where our dreaming comes into play. We aren't too sure about details yet or really how God will shape these dreams but we trust and know that He is big enough to make them come true! If He can take two people from different backgrounds and bring them together to create a crazy, wacky, chaotic family and then choose those two people to be parents to two beautiful daughters and an incredible son then I know He is capable of doing so much more!!

Please continue to pray for our family! We covet your prayers more than you know and love that you are also a part of bringing our boy home!! We love you all!!

2 comments:

  1. Great picture of your beautiful family!! Can't wait to see a little boy in there with you too!

    And I LOVE your thoughts on God's provision. Who's to say what's a lot of money when God owns everything???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we have never met, but I'm so glad Scott and the CF teens came to visit us last year in Kenya. Now I get to share in this great story with you and watch God work miracles in your life through adoption. We have adopted 3 times and all 3 times we had no idea where the money was coming from. But somehow, God did it and we have 3 amazing boys who we know God meant for our family. It is so exciting when you know you are right in the middle of a miracle! We are praying that everything else will go smoothly and that you will be in awe of God and his amazing provision. Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete