Friday, April 15, 2011

A story!

Can I tell you a story of provision, sovereignty and blessing?

For those who have kept up with either Scott or I, or read our blog then you can testify with us of God continually showing up thru this adoption. He has grown and stretched our faith in ways we could not have seen at the beginning of this journey and He has provided for us in ways we never could have dreamed of! And yesterday is just another beautiful piece to our journey, another way God has reached His hand down and reminded us that He is ever present in our lives and our sons life!

For those who are unfamiliar with the adoption process it consists of many steps, each step requires something new and is usually accompanied by another small or sometimes large chunk of money for lawyers and government fees and well just about everything you can think of! And both times we have had chunks due, God has placed money literally in our laps from places that we didn't even know existed. Yesterday was no exception!!

It wasn't unlike most Thursday's for us, the girls were at mothers day out and Scott and I were both working. My phone rang as I was leaving lunch and Scott said we got our taxes back and told me our refund amount! I literally whooped out loud! For quite some time we knew we would take our refund and use it towards our next adoption payment but thought we would come up short and have to raise money or save some more towards it. So when Scott told me the amount of our refund and it was literally $35 short I whooped out loud. Let me tell you, this is the third time God has dropped money in our laps and money that is almost to the penny of the amount we need! Can you say it with me...GOD is good, GOD is always on time and GOD is so faithful to provide!!

I just wanted to share this with you so that you can be reminded that God provides for His children and that even when we forget where our help comes from, it is always the Lord. We are so blessed and cannot wait to see how God continues to reveal His hand throughout the remainder of this process. Please continue to pray with us as we are about to submit our dossier very soon! We will of course keep you updated!! Love Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment