Wednesday, December 8, 2010

De-Program

It is official....I am a pessimist! Oh how I wish it wasn't true! Oh how I wish it was natural for me to see the glass half full, but it always looks half empty to me. And being married, raising a family and just dealing with life, negativity only adds to the already difficult circumstances most people find themselves in.

So it is time to de-program! Time to start seeing the glass half full! Time to stop thinking about what my husband didn't do and remember all that he does do and continues to do. Time to stop becoming frustrated with Lily when she hasn't grasped a teachable moment and remember all the free hugs and kisses she gives me without being asked. Time to stop reacting to others negativity with my own.

If you cannot understand where this is coming from, well on Sunday my pastor spoke about HOPE! Doesn't that word just inspire....well HOPE! That there is greater, better things that are possible. And during the sermon I was reminded that my hope was born in a manger over 2000 years ago. Yes I realize it is Christmas and He is the reason for the season. But this isn't a Christmas message for me. This is a daily message that my hope isn't in what others think or say about me. My hope isn't in what my husband can do for me, or how my kids make me look when they act well in public. My hope isn't even in how I view myself now or in the future. My hope is in a man who died on a cross for me, who daily bestows grace on me so that His glory may be known!

I know probably some people are reading this and thinking wow Nikki...novel thought...NOT! This is something most have been taught since grade school and I have heard it many times before but a refresher was what I needed during not only the holidays but during the chaotic process of adoption.

Stay tuned later today or tomorrow will update you on the faithfulness of God and how He continually makes a way for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment