Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Year End Chaos

Well, the holiday's are coming to a close and with the ending of the chaos comes a time to re-focus, re-group and re-assess all of the things we have done this year. To continue to strive towards the goals and dreams we have declared for ourselves. Of course as many of you know one of those dreams is to adopt from Ethiopia and while we have started the process, the holidays put a bit of a kink in our progress.  The hustle, bustle and busyness of the season saw me more focused on tons of other things and continually pulled my focus from the actual business at hand.

So, today is the day I officially get back on track. Let me update you as I refresh my own memory. We are so close to finishing the paper trail for both our dossier and our home study (which is really great!). Once these two things are finished we start our waiting game as our family and our new son are matched. The next box to be checked on my never ending list is to make sure we have all of our home study stuff done and send it off  to Dallas where our social worker is located. As I understand it she organizes it and runs our extensive background checks. Once this all comes back normal we will schedule some interviews and that will conclude this portion of the home study. Once our home study is complete we will be able to start the process of applying for adoption grants.

Again I want to say thank you!!! Thank you for your encouragement, your love and support! Even when you think it has gone unnoticed it hasn't! This journey reminds us daily how loved and blessed we are. How so many people have stood by us and are cheering us on. Each of you are so precious to us and an important piece of our little boys story!! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment