Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Who is standing with you?

Well let me start by saying that Sunday, December 19th, my sweet baby girl turned 1!!!! Yes she is no longer classified as a baby but is now a toddler. So Happy Birthday Sweet Anna Claire!


And one more of both my girls before the birthday bash!!




And along with turning one are some transitions. Some we love and some we wish didn't have to happen. One of these transitions is taking away formula and in turn the bottle. This transition with Lily, although a little different, was awful and I have tried this time to make it easier on not only Anna but Scott and myself. We have been cutting out bottles slowly the last couple weeks and Anna has taken the sippy cup great. (Not a great fan of milk though!) But the last two nights we have cut out the dreaded night night bottle. I know that many mothers can attest...this is the hardest one. And just like everything Anna does, last night was a breeze!! She did great! But tonight we had a bit of a hiccup. I was putting her to sleep and it was rough. Lots of crying, screaming and rolling around. (Let's be honest....some of this was me!!!!) And after I had exhausted all the options in my catalogue of mommy tricks, Scott came in with her sippy filled with milk. She took it gratefully and then calmed down and fell asleep in Scott's arms.

As Scott stood there rocking her I said to him that I hadn't even thought of that and he made this statement. "It's easier to see the solution when you aren't in the middle of it." Which of course struck me and caused a new train of thought. A new dialogue with God.

I started to ask myself...Who is standing with you? Who is watching and walking through life with you? Who is helping you find the solution when you are "in the middle of it"? The bible says, "The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense." Proverbs 27:9

I have been blessed with not only my husband, who offers incredible encouragement, wisdom and counsel in many situations, but also with some great female friends. These women all fill different roles in my life. One of these women is an incredible intercessor and although we don't talk often I know that she lifts me, Scott and our girls up every day!! Another friend I have is a phenomenal encourager. She stands beside me with words of life and holds me up when the days feels long and never ending. Another friend is a person of joy and laughter and she is always there to make me see how full of laughter and delight our life is. And might I add none of these women live close to me.

But when I find myself losing hope, suffering with doubt or caught in an awful situation (sometimes of my own making) each of them offers a piece of wisdom I could not see, because I was in the middle of it!  I thank God daily for these women and count myself privileged to walk with them. Not only are they great friends but they are my sisters in Christ, and as they pour what God has taught them into me, I find a richness in my life I didn't have before. These women are truly living out Colossians 3:16 "Let the message of Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives."

So I want to ask you...Who is standing with you? Who is encouraging and lifting you up? Who is walking with you as you stumble and fall?  Sharing not only in your failures but your triumphs!!! I encourage you to grasp the hands of those around you. Allow them to see you as you truly are and watch how the body of Christ comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment